27 May - 1 July 2017
Slots every quarter hour from 10.30 to 3.45; experience lasts half hour
Margam Castle, Margam Country Park, Port Talbot
£5 Adults, £4 Children, £16 Group
Co-commisioned by The Cinekid Foundation, STRP, Southbank Centre and Migrations. Created by Marshmallow Laser Feast.
The longer you hug, the deeper you drift into a hidden world just beyond the limits of your senses.
Award winning Treehugger is the world’s first virtual reality experience that aims to shift our mindset from consumerism to conservation, through a huge replicated model of a giant sequoia tree and a Vive VR headset.
Discover the tree’s hidden inner structure: grooves in the bark become giant cliffs, pine cones feel like cathedrals. Continue hugging and
you are sucked into ‘tree time’ and experience neuron-like energy flows in the treetop canopy.
Collaborating with leading researchers at London’s Natural History Museum and Salford University Manchester, this project uses the latest 3D imaging techniques. A combination of LIDAR, white light and CT scanning creates a VR experience that distorts space and time and makes the invisible visible.
Book you tickets now: margamcountrypark.co.uk
£5 Adults, £4 Children, £16 Group.
You must be 6+ years old or more to experience Treehugger. All children aged 13 and under must be supervised by their parent or guardian.
Car parking charge applies. Late arrivals cannot be admitted. See FAQs below for important further info.
Marshmallow Laser Feast (MLF) is a creative studio that uses technology to reinterpret human perception. MLF have earned a reputation for creating the seemingly impossible with their immersive installations exciting audiences worldwide. MLF made the wonderful In the Eyes of the Animal we showcased in Cardiff last year.
The magnicent Margam Castle, Orangery with ornamental gardens and Deer Park, are set in 800 acres of breathtaking countryside.
The Parks attractions include a narrow gauge railway, adventure playgrounds, Go Ape (high wire adventure), Fairytale Land and rare breeds farm trail.With plenty of activities for children it represents a perfect family day out.
Make your way to the Margam Castle in Margam Country Park, Port Talbot, Wales.
Book your group or students for an exceptional learning experience. contact the Park Office 01639 881635
Become part of the Treehugger team! Contact: Lucy Hadley, Parks Volunteer Coordinator 01639 881635
Co-commisioned by The Cinekid Foundation, STRP, Southbank Centre and Migrations. Presented in partnership with Margam Country Park.
Marshmallow Laser Feast
- Concept by: Marshmallow Laser Feast
- Direction: Barnaby Steel & Ersin Han Ersin & Robin McNicholas
- Collaborating Artist: Natan Sinigaglia
- Executive Producer: Eleanor Whitley
- Senior Producer: Mike Jones
- Senior Producer (US): Armand Weeresignhe
- Production Manager: Mark Geary
- Sonic Artist: Mileece I’anson
- Binaural Sound Designer: Antonie Bertone
- VVVV Developer: Chris Plant
- VVVV Developer: Tebjan Halm
- Junior Developer :Leina Kocane
- Photogrammetry & VFX Supervisor : Scott Metzger
- Lidar Scan & Photogrammetry: Mimic
- Root System modelling: Ironklad
- Installation Technologist: Hayden Anyasi
- 3D Designer: Harvard Tveito
- Tree Fabrication: Kjell Van Norel / Other Fabrications / ML Fabcuts
With thanks to
- Natural History Museum, Salford University, PNY, 3Dception, Cornell Ornithology Lab
Marshmallow Laser Feast